Sunday 19 January 2014

Review: Switzerland's national final!

Switzerland will select their representative in a couple of weeks and therefore I have decided to review the participating songs. The selection is actually pretty good.

  • Christian Tschanz – Au paradis
My favourite entry in the Swiss selection is Christian Tschanz with "Au paradis". It's a beautiful song and I would love to see it represent Switzerland in Copenhagen. Christian's voice is unique and the song is really good - this blogger would love to see him win! 10/12


  • Sebalter – Hunter Of Stars
Sebalter has a very strong change of winning the Swiss national final. I like it - it's sweet but the whistle section is very annoying yet catchy. I hope the performance won't be crazy or messy, this song doesn't need it. I think the Swiss will like this and I actually predict it will win! Me likes. 8/12


  • 3 For All – Together Forever
I loved this song at first but I've already grown tired of it. I'd probably be sick of it by May if they was to win the national final. The performance will have to be very strong for this to stand any chance, and their vocals will need to be perfect too. I think there are stronger songs but it's okay. The lyrics are pretty cheap - nah, can't say I'm a big fan of this. 4/12


  • Yasmina Hunzinger – I Still Believe 
This a typical ESC ballad, it's kinda boring but her voice is awesome and the song does have something. I think this could win the selection but she would fail to qualify in Eurovision. It it my or does Yasmina look a bit like Hera Bjork? Anyway I think this is a really strong ballad - but it will depend on the live vocals to see whether she'll win or not. 6/12


  • Nino Colonna – La luce del cuore
The only Italian song in the selection. It's okay, nothing special.. I don't think it's memorable enough for Eurovision. Nino is probably a great performer but it just lacks something. I do love the Italian language but I don't think it'll trouble the scoreboard... 5/12


  • Natacha & Stéphanie – Une terre sans vous
A dreary French ballad... Switzerland will probably like this and I think it has a chance of winning. But I hope it won't win. This is probably my last favourite in the selection. I have no more to say really apart from it's very weak. 2/12

Okay, my predication is that Sebalter will win - and that wouldn't be a bad choice. However my favourite is Christian Tschanz. Please vote in my poll if you already haven't done! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...