Friday 31 May 2013

Wishlist #1: Claudia Faniello!

There are several artists throughout Europe which I adore but have never participated in ESC - so I've decided to share my thoughts on them with you all. I'll be doing this every week throughout the summer and I hope you all enjoy reading these posts. Let's go...

To start this series, I'm gonna look at Claudia Faniello. She's participated in the Maltese national final for years and years now but has never won. Claudia would be a perfect choice in my opinion for Malta - she has that distinctive husky voice and is very beautiful. I was gutted when they didn't select her this year but she does promise she will keep returning until she wins. Claudia is normally the publics favourite in Malta, but the juries seem to rank her low. Why? Maybe because there hasn't been the perfect song for her yet. I think Pure is the best song she's provided, and so do the Maltese, as that's been her most successful attempt so far - she came 2nd. Let's look at ALL of her attempts...

Most fans think the best song from her was Samsara  - I disagree. I think it's a cheap song and I'm pleased she didn't make it in 2010. I think she's much better than that. A year later, she offered as rock entry entitled  Movie in My Mind which was fantastic. Another year where she should have walked the national final but didn't. What is it with Malta, why can't they send her? Your European friends wanna see her in Eurovision!

The entry in which Claudia made her name was Caravaggio, in 2008, a pretty decent dance track but then again I believe she can give us something better. Faniello had no chance in 2009, as it was clear Chiara was gonna win, but  Blue Sonata is still a lovely song and I listen to it regularly. In 2007, Claudia sung a rather strange but stunning song in 2007 - L-Imhabba Ghamja and that contained some of the Maltese language. Another thing I wanna see in ESC! It was 2006 when she made her debut to the Maltese selection, with High Alert , a nice song but nothing more. She seems to get better with age - like a good wine. This year, she entered When It's Time but it wasn't her time. I pray it'll Claudia's time some year.

If you support her, like her on Facebook! Malta will be represented by this talented lady one year, Claudia's not gonna give up and one year she's gonna blow everyone out of the water with a fantastic song! Take a look at the entry she almost broke her losing spell with...



She's even sung with Anggun...


Photograph from Claudia's official Facebook page! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...