Friday 5 April 2013

Introducing 2013: Belarus!

I have decided to take a look at each entry this year, in a lead-up to the contest! There are 39 countries participating this year, all aiming to win in Malmo (well, some don't wanna win!) Turkey, Portugal, Slovakia and Bosnia & Herzegovina decided to withdraw this year, which was a shame, so lets hop
e they'll decide to return for 2014! I have drawn all the countries randomly and today it's Belarus's turn...

Alyona Lanskaya - Solayoh!

Alyona Lanskaya must of had a tough time last year after winning the selection with All My Life but then the ticket was given to Litesound because the voting was apparently rigged. In other words the dictator wanted Litesound to represent Belarus instead, so everyone says. ^^ This must of been hard on her but it didn't stop her - she competed in this years Belorussian selection with Rhythm Of Love! She beat 9 other participants with ease, on 7th December - which was actually the first national final this season. However Belarus being Belarus they changed the song AGAIN but thankfully kept Alyona. In early March Solayoh was released and announced as her entry and its first live perforamcne was during the Romanian national final.

Solayoh is becoming a fan favourite - I really like it but it's not one of my favourites. I don't think this will be on the left-hand side of the scoreboard come May but I could be wrong. I'm sure it'll make the final easily though, especially with a good draw, but a result similar to Kati Wolf's is likely I'm afraid. If you support Alyona then "like her" on Facebook! Alyona will compete in the first semi final between Moldova and Lithuania. Like normal, Belarus sings in English...
Friday night was just going nowhere Sitting in a small cafe Feeling lonely, a little tired I’ve been working hard all day...
The video-clip was filmed in Turkey and released yesterday...


The live performacne in Romania...


Alyona performing Rhythm Of Love in December, I personally would of liked this in Malmo instead...


Her 2012 effort...


TOMORROW'S HINT - THIS IS HOW IT'S MEANT TO BE... ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...