Sunday 31 March 2013

Introducing 2013: Norway!

I have decided to take a look at each entry this year, in a lead-up to the contest! There are 39 countries participating this year, all aiming to win in Malmo (well, some don't wanna win!) Turkey, Portugal, Slovakia and Bosnia & Herzegovina decided to withdraw this year, which was a shame, so lets hope they'll decide to return for 2014! I have drawn all the countries randomly and today it's Norway's turn.

Margaret Berger - I Feed You My Love!
 

Norway is one of the bookies favourites this year! Margaret Breger is taking I Feed You My Life to Sweden as she won Melodi Grand Prix last month. I must admit I didn't really liked any of the songs from MGP this year, apart from the winner and Bombo. Norway selected their winner on 9th February, as did Finland too. The Norwegian entry is by far one of my favourites - in my top five - and I would love to see it do well but I'm rather sceptical. Why? I don't think this has enough appeal on a wider scale, I just can't see people voting for it. The intro could be rather off-putting.

It will qualify to final with ease, I'm sure! But then in the final... I think it could flop like Kati Wolf did in 2011. Maybe I'll be wrong, I hope I'll be wrong anyway - it would be great to see this one do well. If I had any advice for Margaret, she must change that dress, it looks awful. She needs a goddamn stylist! But her voice is the most important thing and she has an awesome voice, perfect for this song I wish her the best of luck and let's applaud for selecting something completely different!
You put a knife against my back
And you dare me to face the attack
You say, “For cowards there’s no reward”
Enjoy the live performance!


And studio...


Another good song from their NF...


TOMORROWS HINT - FROM THE USA TO ESC! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...